In this article I explain in brief how to reset the BIOS of a Toshiba Satellite A300 model PSAJ4E. Explained the technique should also be applicable to other models of Toshiba.
Too bad no one ever has set a password …
Well, I think, simply unplug the usual battery, right?
In fact disassembling the classic battery is not there. We must therefore find a way to reset the CMOS to restore
the bios under the original conditions. Unfortunately, there is not even a simple jumper.
And even trying with the ‘master password’ listed on a website, nothing to do.
The solution is very simple and that is to create a bridge between two points, using a piece of wire.
– Proctorial a short piece of wire;
– Dismantle the door of the compartment that holds the RAM;
– We dismantle both RAM modules;
– Now, look at the next picture and with a piece of wire before ponticelli the two contacts listed in STEP 1 for at least 30 seconds.
– Then we need to make contact with the POINT 2 (ground) and one of the two contacts in STEP 1 for at least 30 seconds;
– Finally, we contact between the contact and the remaining STEP 2 to STEP 1 for at least 30 seconds.
Close everything and at the next reboot magically be able to enter the BIOS pages to set all the options .. and the PC will be bootable!